We Have Fixed Our Wedding Date – Yeni Kuti On Her Long Term Romance

Yeni-Kuti-with-her-fiancé-Theo-Lawson

Yeni Kuti, the first daughter of late Afrobeat legend, Fela Anikulapo-Kuti turned 55 last month and the ‘icing on her cake’ that day was a ring of commitment given to her by her long term lover and partner, Theo Lawson . In a recent interview with Encomium she spoke on life at 55, wedding plans and more.

When asked if she would be settling down any time soon, the event planner said, “Yes, we have already fixed a date”. On the exact day, Yeni who has been with her partner for nine years now said, “20 years from now. If we are still alive, we will send the IV out. Saturday, May 24, 2036, if we are alive. I am serious. We discussed it yesterday.”

Yeni had previously expressed her intention not to get married following her engagement. According her, the ring her partner gave her is a commitment ring.

Yeni Kuti stargist

She told The Entertainer in an exclusive interview, “Not at all. The ring my partner gave me is what they call ‘a commitment ring’. He gave me his mother’s wedding ring as a commitment to the relationship. We have been together for about nine years. When I met him, he used to wear the ring around his neck, so for me, it is a big deal.

He has entrusted me with something very close to his heart. It is not like we are going to start doing wedding and all that, even though we are really committed to each other. I call him ‘my last bus stop’. If God gives us long life and says there should be another man in my life, he is the man for me and I believe I am the woman for him as well.

When he made the proposal, we didn’t know that it was going to go viral.”

Yeni Kuti was formerly married to late Femi Segun, who died from a power bike accident on March 21, 2014.

The marriage had produced a daughter named Rolari.

The post We Have Fixed Our Wedding Date – Yeni Kuti On Her Long Term Romance appeared first on Nigerian Celebrity News + Latest Entertainment News.

Are you just going to read without airing you views? Oya use the comment box below. Thanks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Dumped My Baby Mama, Dewunmi Fatai – Actor, Lolade Mustapha

Lynxxx Will Thrill You In ‘Ghana Girls’ Video