Lionel Messi Announces Retirement From International Football

messi-argentina

Argentine striker and Barcelona power house, Lionel Messi has announced that he would be retiring from the Argentina National team following his team’s loss to Chile in the Copa America final. The 29-year-old sent a penalty kick flying over the bar cementing Argentina’s defeat.

This is the fourth time the Ballon D’or winner is losing a major tournament final. After the crushing defeat, Messi said that after so many missed chances, he is ready to step away and hang his boots.

“It’s tough, it’s not the time for analysis,” he confessed. “In the dressing room I thought that this is the end for me with the national team, it’s not for me. That’s the way I feel right now, it’s a huge sadness once again and I missed the penalty that was so important.

“I tried so hard to be [a] champion with Argentina. But it didn’t happen. I couldn’t do it. I think it’s best for everyone, for me and for many people who want it. The choice for me is over, it is a decision. I tried many times [to be a champion] but did not.”

The post Lionel Messi Announces Retirement From International Football appeared first on Nigerian Celebrity News + Latest Entertainment News.

Are you just going to read without airing you views? Oya use the comment box below. Thanks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Dumped My Baby Mama, Dewunmi Fatai – Actor, Lolade Mustapha

Lynxxx Will Thrill You In ‘Ghana Girls’ Video