Brahimi named African Footballer of the year



Porto star Yacine Brahimi has emerged 2014 BBC African Footballer of the Year.

The midfielder came out on top of the voting on the back of his displays Algeria, who he helped to the last-16 of the World Cup for the first time, as fans from 207 Fifa-registered countries placed their votes.

Brahimi saw off competition from Nigeria star Vincent Enyeama, Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang of Gabon, and Ivory Coast duo Yaya Toure - who was last year's winner - and Gervinho. Do you think he deserves it


"It's a great honour for me to receive this award," he told Porto's official website.

"I want to dedicate the award to Algeria and all of the other African nations. 2014 has been a great year for me and now I will strive to evolve and win trophies for my club Porto."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Dumped My Baby Mama, Dewunmi Fatai – Actor, Lolade Mustapha

Lynxxx Will Thrill You In ‘Ghana Girls’ Video